Legend of ZELDA! Video Legend of ZELDA! Video

Just checking in becuase I somehow remember that I saw this flash 10 years ago tonight. Children these days don't seem to realize that it was 2002 when this was made.

I got my own Mattress of Time I got to get back to now! Hope you do too.

Luigi's Adventure Ep 6 Luigi's Adventure Ep 6

The aesthetics of this flash suggest to me that you're a high schooler just starting out. It's always good to see video game movies - heck, I started here a decade ago because of Mario Twins. Your work isn't quite there yet, but I can tell you're really trying to make something good. I've been here 10 years and that's half the battle with most people around here. You got a future.

Make it a goal in each new episode to do something significantly better. Maybe it can be redone conversation boxes, with an ability for the viewer to click the box and continue the movie (actionscripting, my boy!). Or, maybe it's original artwork in between the sprite action. It can be just about anything you want really. Experiment!

The artists who push themselves and take risks become the Egoraptors of NG.

dbzmf2 responds:

Thank you for your helpful review.
I tried to make the viewer click the subtitles box or let the viewer press the SPACEBAR button, but I didn't know how. And I'm still trying to find out how to do it, but I just don't know how. I asked for help on the forum, I got the actionscriptcode, but I still don't know where to place the code. I just want this little mechanism to be like in SMBZ.

"We're Starfox!" "We're Starfox!"

THE LAST LINE HAS BEEN BREACHED!

Sir Puffball, this is the first time I've written a review in about three years. Seeing how the Top 50 is meaningless and a 4+ truly meant something, etc. etc.

But today, I had to find my old password and actually LOGIN here to say that this video COMPLETELY caught me off guard. Even with a good recollection of the soundbytes, I still couldn't anticipate where things were going.

Nostalgia aside man, this is a very original piece of work that belongs w/the VGP. Now why the hell can't other people create stuff like this rather than splice together random tv clips of Peppy shouting "DO A BARREL ROLL!"

Best of luck in the future.

PuffballsUnited responds:

Wow! I ended a three-year streak? That's intense! Thanks for the recommendation and the great review!

Some Random Thing Some Random Thing

If your gonna rip of Skitlz'n'Bitz...

At least try and upstage it. Try a more variety of things next time - someone blowing someone else away gets stale after you do it once.

Good luck on your future work!

My US of Whateva! My US of Whateva!

Finally!

'Bout time I saw more of your work! I love how the soundbyte from The PowerPuff Girls is randomly placed in as the phone ringing...and the '70s theme is all right! Nice job. Still waiting for PK4!

TANKMEN TANKMEN

Well done!

Sound quality was excellent, and the video didn't require any videogame references to be successful. Thank you for the refreshing expierence, and good luck in the future!

Super Mario bros Z ep 2 Super Mario bros Z ep 2

Maybe its just me...

The video is still pretty predictable. There were some more twists in it this time around, so it looks like it's getting better. It sure is nice seeing Mario RPG sprites of Mario World, definitely shows that you got talent in editing Mario a lot.

Keep it up, man. Add more twists!

Super Mario bros Z ep 1 Super Mario bros Z ep 1

A little bit too bland...

The graphics are no doubt awesome and well done...but the story seemed to go real slow, and the path was very linear. There wasn't that "Wow" to it that comes in the form of a twist. I was waiting for something big to happen, but it never really seemed to come.

That's just me though. You're highly ranked as it is so it looks like you got your style right for most. Good job.

Back to the Future - F.E. Back to the Future - F.E.

I hope this was your first flash movie ever.

The concept went bad after I heard the blahs after the second time. The images were pretty crappy too...the "sprite world" idea had potential, but it fell flat on nearly every aspect.

I think you should try again. Maybe use some soundboards from the actual movie, maybe make original sprites. Transparency would help too, would get rid of all the boxes (just save the images as GIFs and your good to go.)

Give it another go, because the idea has serious potential.

The People's Mario The People's Mario

Over-rated, but a fresh look for NG!

I'd embrace the 1st place if I were you. It's up there because you've introduced a unique concept. It's style is what has it up there. I don't see it as being #1 on NG, but I definitely see it in the top 25 because it introduces something new. The ambience works beatifully with the concept, and you deserve credit for that!

Cool stuff.